069 cd player
Combining new technologies with Belt-Driven System
Burmester Audiosysteme invented the belt-drive CD player in 1990.
Three digital inputs.
Before they are converted, all digital signals, including the signals of the internal drive, are upsampled to 96/192 kHz/24bit. In addition to that, the 069 is fully balanced and completely DC-coupled without distorting capacitors in the signal path.
The 069 can be used as a preamplifier.
The 069 remembers compiled programs out of 99 CDs and recognizes them when the CD is inserted again. The included MMI slot allows expanding the number of inputs or outputs and, just like the modular DA converter concept, the integration of further technologies.
Why Belt-Driven System?
The advantages of a belt-driven transport are that the digital pickup is completely decoupled from interferences from the motor drive. The CD platter of the 069 sits on a 4 mm-thick spindle which rotates in a precision bearing with no more than three thousandths of a millimeter play . This guarantees an absolutely smooth rotation without cogging, bearing play or vibrations and resonance. Hence, the sampling process is not subject to any mechanical jitter.
- Modular design
- Belt-drive CD transport is based on the CD-2 PRO laser technology
- Hand-crafted by Burmester Audiosysteme in Berlin
- Microprocessor-controlled drive unit
- Total interference immunity
- Almost air-tight and sound-proof
- Proprietary oscillator with minimal phase noise and a high thermal stability
- Three digital outputs
- Remote control supplied as standard
- EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference)-suppression filters
- Standard Version in silver anodized.